Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Threadless

I was reading an article today.....and I just got lost. Lost in a world where ideas rule the roost...where people think beyond the routine....where youngsters dream and have the courage to live their dream.

I started wondering about the immense potential the web has in general and the numerous untapped business opportunities waiting to be unearthed by Indian entrepreneurs. Frankly speaking, compared to the countries of the west, Japan, even China...we are way behind as far as using Internet as a platform to implement successful business ideas is concerned.

The more I read about successful web-based business ventures, the more I realize that starting a successful web-based business is more about the innovation, than about the technology. You can either find a gap in people's life and try to fill it or just think of something weird and crazy, yet having the potential to become a rage, and implement it. Trust me (though I am no authority on entrepreneurship!) , if you have the idea, technology will never be an hindrance. Today, there are so many tools and vendors available at highly reasonable or no cost (depending on the level of technical expertise required) that you don't have to be highly tech savvy to take the web route to starting a successful business.

What's stopping you then?

No comments: