Saturday, November 29, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
The 35 things I miss about you.....Bengaluru
- Zipping through town on my KA-51H-8497 with M for company
- Being always prepared to pick up a fight with the Auto-Waalas
- The awesome food cooked by Ramesh Ji (my cook)
- BTM layout
- Watching movies on a high with Raaja at PVR- with both of us wearing dark sunglasses
- Ankur and mine "Kaa Dealing?" greetings
- Tiger's "Budgeddddddddd" right in front of Mc' donalds
- My bakchodis with Baizzy which only both of us could comprehend
- The natkhat KK
- "Just Live life...Kingsize" naarabaazi with Thakur and Preeti
- Working with a team of really wonderful people in the Platform team
- Vivek calling me the "Information Superhighway"
- The prestigious backend teams "Together we can and we will...." motto
- Pulling Cheeku's leg day in and day out
- Singing "Barsaat ke mausam main..tanhai ke aalam main" with Rahul Sharma
- Hitting Charsi's bachelor pad at odd hours, after all the parties were over
- The Kairali lunch marathons with Anish and Vinay
- Our TERRA gang- The masti, the enthu, the fighter spirit, the parties.........
- Soumya's (Medamm's) ability to understand me so well despite all my idiosyncrasies
- Rajesh's smile and silence
- Sharing all my Altus sentiments with Yedi, who always understood
- Making fun of chaks with Raghu Daa and being christened "Priyaks"
- That special bond with Neekhara sahab and our sessions in Aranya
- Ravi Singh's "enthu"
- Poo's bindaaas attitude
- Being the most active "passive smoker" at Sterling
- Weekend getaways of the ISM gang, which always resulted in some mishap
- Firangi Paani
- Madan Pub
- Eating some awesome food at Empire and Paramount at wee hours of the morning
- The numerous mutton sessions at my house
- The first two wonderful months of married life
- Varun's (Sadana) wierd fundaa of not drinking for 6 months of the year (though doping was allowed)
- The amazing bunch of genuine human beings at Sterling Commerce
Disclaimer: The list above is totally random and not in any order of importance!! :)
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
This is the first Independence Day of my life when I am not in the country…and I guess this is the reason I am posting a blog on the occasion and suddenly this day feels more special than ever.
I am in Singapore for some time to meet my wife. This is my first day here…and guess what? This experience has already started helping me understand myself better- philosophy huh! Well for the starters, Singapore is a beautiful country. Very well organized, excellent transportation system, clean roads, well mannered people, and a system in place for almost everything. But, don’t know why, all this felt very robotic to me. Suddenly a thought popped up in my mind…Where’s the chaos?
WTF! I have always hated the traffic in Bangalore, the rowdiness of the Auto waalas in Chennai, the “show-off’s” in Delhi, and the chaos of Mumbai. And here I am, in a country sans all this, and I am already missing the madness back home. The noise, the interest of complete strangers in your daily affairs, the honking on the roads, people doing general bakchodi (useless talk?) etc etc etc.
So I have come to the conclusion that without the daily dose of hoch-poch in my life, I can never be completely in bliss.
At this point in time, I really feel like humming a song from the movie Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani….a song which is a personal favourite and whose lyrics I really believe in.
Kabhi naye packet mein bechein tumko cheez puraani
Phir bhi dil hai Hindustani….
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Apart from other great opportunities, my current company has every now and then provided me a platform to keep my creative juices flowing. I say flowing because, more often than not, a few years out of college are enough to subside all your enthu.
In February 2007 I actually got a chance, together with some highly talented colleagues, to make a short movie and act in it too! And was it an experience!
Thirty years down the line, I might not have very many interesting stories to tell from my professional life, but I will always have something to boast about from those cherishable experiences whilst making our movie.
For the curious one's, here is Main Mera Manager Aur Woh . Happy viewing! Please feel free to leave comments- if any!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
- "Wow! It was always meant to be"
- "WTF! Why didn't she let me know earlier, despite those several indirect hints?"
- "Boy, am I smart? I always knew!"
The third one, of-course, was a big ego booster :) Moreover, the news couldn't have come at a better time- a day before my birthday!
Don't know what future beholds for the new found lovers, but this is wishing them all the very best for the journey ahead.
Disclaimer: The title of this blog is inspired from minimousya's blog!