Tuesday, January 31, 2006


Rang De Basanti
After a long long time,I had the opportunity of seeing two great movies back to back.Friday night we feasted on Zinda and saturday we devoured Rang De Basanti......man was it awesome!!It gave me a kick which no amount of boozing has ever given and made me ponder that as the youth of this country, is making moolah the only thing I should be bothered about??Or do I have a greater purpose.....
But as it always happens, I knew that as soon as I leave the theatre and move towards my abode, adrenalin will rush in my blood like a storm in the sea. Enroute home I will fantasise all sorts of things.See myself as a leader,a social worker a revolutionist who will change the face of this nation.And then....as I will doze off in my comfy bed and wake up in the morning....eureka!!! Control-Alt-Delete.....sab gaayab!!As if yesterday was a dream.....all the thoughts that are conjuring up in my mind will be lost....everything I want to become ,all that I want to do for my nation will just fade away and reside somewhere in the pool of thoughts in mind.
Just waiting for another Rang De Basanti to bring back those thoughts to the surface and then ofcourse send them back to the deep dungeons of my thought......afterall,like most Indians I believe in thoughts and not action...

No comments: